Building on the core technology of our TW5 thin-line subwoofers, the TW3 deliver a powerful combination of shallow mounting depth and excursion capability. In fact, they are capable of greater excursion than the W3v3.
To allow this remarkable feat to be achieved, JL Audio patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the TW3 using a “concentric tube??? structure built into the injection-molded cone body. This structure supports the voice coil and a full annular spider, while permitting the placement of the large motor structure further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs.
TW3s are optimized for small enclosures and offer our tab-ear mounting design to maximize cone area within their mounting footprints. We know you’re going to love working with these amazing subwoofer drivers.
Deep, powerful and accurate JL Audio bass is now possible in more applications than ever.
- Very shallow mounting depth (3.25 / 3.50 Inches)
- No pole vent: permits mounting close to rear wall of enclosure.
- Very small sealed enclosure volume requirements
- Very long linear excursion capability (0.60 In / 15.2 mm, one-way)
- DMA-optimized motor designs
- “concentric tube??? architecture
- Patented “floating cone attach method??? technology
- Cast alloy frame
- Injection molded, mica-filled polypropylene cone
- Rubber surround
- Aluminum-alloy dust cap and rear cap with JL Audio logo
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio Miramar, Florida factory with global components
|Continuous Power Handling (RMS)||400 W|
|Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS)||200 – 400 W|
|Nominal Impedance (Znom)||Dual 4|
|Nominal Diameter||10 in / 250 mm|
|Overall Diameter (A)||A1: 11.2 in / 284 mm
A2: 10.5 in / 267 mm
|Mounting Hole Diameter (B)||9.625 in / 244 mm|
|Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (C)||10.5 in / 267 mm|
|Motor Outer Diameter (D)||5.1 in / 130 mm|
|Mounting Depth (E)||3.25 in / 83 mm|
|Driver Displacement||0.019 cu ft / 0.54 L|
|Net Weight||10.1 lb / 4.6 kg|